Tuesday 27 July 2021

Snettisham RSPB and Frampton Marsh RSPB - 27th July

On 27th July, while on annual leave at our cottage in the Cotswolds, I planned a three wader tick day. I was up early and headed to Snettisham arriving at high tide where my first British tick, a very pale looking White-rumped Sandpiper, showed well on the shoreline feeding with Dunlin. As the tide fell there was a shout of Western Sandpiper but unfortunately, this bird was rather distant on the mudflats and did not show close to the shore as it had done on previous days - but it was wader tick number 2. My eBird checklist for Snettisham can be seen here.


After Snettisham I then headed north into Lincolnshire and to Frampton Marsh RSPB where an adult summer Pacific Golden Plover showed well in the gloom - wader tick number 3! The heavens opened and I began the drive back to the Cotswolds passing through some torrential downpours on my journey. My eBird checklist for Frampton Marsh can be seen here.