Monday 23 December 2019

Slimbridge WWT - 23rd December

On a beautiful sunny day I spent a couple of hours at Slimbridge WWT between my Christmas chores. I spent my time along the east side of the reserve. From the Rushy Hide there were nine Snipe, 12 Bewick's Swan and good numbers of Pochard and Tufted Duck. Out on the marsh there were large numbers of Lapwing, Golden Plover, 53 Bewick's Swan, 22 Ruff, two Common Crane and large numbers of Wigeon, Pintail and Teal. I then visited the rather stunning new Estuary Tower Hide when on the estuary were eight Pink-footed Goose and 56 Barnacle Goose. It was soon time to head off for my Christmas shopping duties.

My ebird checklist can be viewed here.

Bewick Swan - Slimbridge WWT

Bewick Swan - Slimbridge WWT

Eurasian Teal - Slimbridge WWT

Northern Lapwing - Slimbridge WWT

Northern Lapwing - Slimbridge WWT

Northern Lapwing - Slimbridge WWT

Northern Lapwing - Slimbridge WWT

Shelduck - Slimbridge WWT

Lapwing, Golden Plover and Bewisk's Swan - Slimbridge WWT

Golden Plover - Slimbridge WWT

Common Crane - Slimbridge WWT

Common Crane - Slimbridge WWT

Tufted Duck - Slimbridge WWT

Barnacle Goose - Slimbridge WWT

Blue Tit - Slimbridge WWT